Guangxi University for Nationalities
March 22, 2017
Chinese Government Scholarship provides both full and partial scholarship for international graduate students currently enrolled at a Chinese university. This program is established by the Ministry of Education of People's Republic of China (MOE), based on educational collaboration and cooperation agreement with relevant countries, institutions, universities, and international organizations. China Scholarship Council (CSC), entrusted by the MOE, oversees admissions and management of this Scholarship. Guangxi University for Nationalities is recruiting graduate students under the Chinese Government Scholarship Graduate Program, approved by the MOE.
1. Programs: Full time master degree program and PhD program. Program length is 3 years.
2. Nationality: Application open to the world. Application from Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) countries is considered first.
3. Admission Requirement: Applicants for master degree program must be under the age of 35, while applicants for PhD program must be under the age of 45. All applicants should hold a bachelor degree or master degree and have basic Chinese language skills. Applicants for master degree program should have recommendation from two professors or associate professors, while applicants for PhD program should have recommendation from two professors. (Note: Applicants who plan to pursue academic program for their native language or academic program for English, French, and other non-Chinese-language literature are not considered. Scholarship application is open to prospective students only. This scholarship does not provide support for international students who are already studying in China.)
4. List of Graduate Programs (More Details on the Website of Graduate School http://yjs.gxun.edu.cn/)
1. Tuition fee, laboratory fee, internship fee, basic learning materials fee, and cost for dormitory on campus are covered.
2. Standard living allowance is provided.
3. Standard Comprehensive Medical Insurance Plan for International Students in China is provided.
Note: International travel expenses are not included.
Application Procedure and Deadline
Applicants for Chinese Government Scholarship Program should file their application to the College of International Education at Guangxi University for Nationalities. The application deadline is April 15, 2017 (based on Postmark Date).
Application Documents (Three Copies Required)
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship
Applicants should apply through the CSC Chinese Government Scholarship Information System (available at CSC website http://laihua.csc.edu.cn). Print out the generated Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship and attach your photo to your application form. The institution ID for Guangxi University for Nationalities is 10608.
2. Two recommendation letters
Two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors in the related fields of your study for master degree applicants. Two recommendation letters from professors in the related fields of your study for PhD degree applicants. Recommendation letters should be written in Chinese or English.
3. Proof of Bachelor degree or Master Degree and undergraduate or graduate transcript
All proof and transcripts should be notarized in Chinese or English by relevant government offices. If applicants are currently enrolled in an academic program, a letter of enrollment is required. (The letter of enrollment should clarify that applicant is on the path to meet graduation requirements and will graduate on time.)
4. A copy of Physical Examination Record for Foreigner (Attachment 1).
5. Your plan of study in China
Applicants should include reasons for scholarship application, past study or work performance, honors received, personal specialties, and etc. (The plan must be more than 500 words, written in Chinese or English.)
6. A copy of valid passport
7. A copy of bank receipt for application fee
Application fee is RMB 500.
Bank Wire Transfer Information
Name of Recipient: Guangxi University for Nationalities
Account Number: 618457498351
Name of Correspondent Bank: Bank of China, Nanning East Road Branch
Application Material Requirement
1. Every copy of application material should not exceed 20 pages. All application materials should be printed with A4-size paper.
2. Application materials should be mailed to the Admission Office at the College of Education at Guangxi University for Nationalities. To verify all application materials, we do not accept any electronic application at this point.
Admission Process and Entry Procedure
Guangxi University for Nationalities and relevant government offices will process all scholarship program applications and finalize a list of admitted students. All admitted students should receive an admission notice. Admitted students should bring the following materials to local Chinese Embassy or Consulate when applying for a Chinese visa and finish registration process at the College of International Education after arriving on campus by the deadline indicated on the admission notice:
1. Valid Passport
2. Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202)
3. Admission Notice
4. Physical Examination Record for Foreigner
5. Original Copy of Undergraduate/ Postgraduate Diploma, Bachelor/Master Degree Certificate, Undergraduate/Postgraduate Transcript
Contact Person: Shi, Yue
Office of Admission Address:
College of International Education at Guangxi University for Nationalities
Daxue East Road 188
Nanning, Guangxi 530006
People’s Republic of China
Zip Code: 530006
Official University Website: http://www.gxun.edu.cn/
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com